I was provided with an InnoTab MAX from VTech for review, but as always, all opinions are my own.
We’ve got no shortage of tablets in this house (four!), and my girls love them for movies and games and video calls to relatives. But I’m always a little worried that they’re going to stumble across something they shouldn’t online, or make some crazy in-app purchase somehow.
So when VTech approached me and asked if I’d like to try out their InnoTab MAX, I jumped at the chance. I love the idea of having a tablet just for kids.
What I love:
Right out of the box, I was able to quickly set up the profiles, one for each kid and one parental profile. As soon as I was done, the girls snatched it away and started playing all on their own! They love the included Art Studio and the cute Toca Boca Pet Vet app. I like that there are plenty of pre-loaded apps, so I don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to put enough apps on it to keep them interested.
Its nice to be able to let them play, without worrying that they’ll stumble on something inappropriate online, or make any crazy purchases (you know what I’m talking about! Sneaky apps!).
They love having their own profiles, and its easy enough for my 3 year old to switch back and forth. The parent control panel is accessible only with my password, which is comforting.
The attached stylus is great. The girls feel very grown up using it, and I like that they get to practice fine motor skills when using games to trace letters, instead of just using their finger. Its actually real practice for writing!
I also like that its durable and easy to prop up. No flimsy covers or delicate screens. There are grippers on some of the edges, which makes it easier to keep stable.
The apps do a good job of reminding kids what they can do next. If they’re drawing in the Art Studio, it will prompt them where they can change to paintbrush or how to start over. The prompting keeps kids engaged.
|Paige (3.5 yrs) playing the Toca Boca Pet Vet app, her fav!|
Specifics from VTech about the InnoTab MAX (ages 3-9 MSRP $109.99):
- VTech’s 4th generation kids’ learning tablet features its fastest processor yet with up to six times the processing power of previous generation and a 7” high-resolution multi-touch screen display
- InnoTab MAX features an enhanced 2nd generation version of Premium VTech Kid Connect™, at no additional charge, allowing children and parents to exchange voice and text messages, photos, drawings and fun stickers in real time between the tablet and a smartphone
- InnoTab MAX offers the best of both learning worlds with access to more than 650 educator-endorsed, age and stage appropriate learning titles as well as carefully cultivated educational Android apps that can be purchased and downloaded through VTech’s Learning Lodge® app store
- The tablet comes with 15 onboard apps including Premium VTech® Kid Connect, My Magic Beanstalk, Movie Maker, Art Studio, Wonder Cam Max, E-Reader with Story Dictionary and more
- InnoTab MAX also comes with one free Toca Boca app and two additional free apps that can be downloaded from the Learning Lodge
- Other InnoTab MAX features include a built-in rechargeable Lithium battery and kid-safe Wi-Fi so kids can explore appropriate online games, videos and websites that have been pre-selected by VTech
- Parental controls allow parents to manage their child’s apps, web access and tablet time, as well as view a progress log
You can also check out these videos from VTech to get an in-depth look at the InnoTab MAX.
Giveaway is open to US residents who are at least 18 years old. Void where prohibited by law. No Purchase Necessary. Giveaway ends November 22, 2014 at 11:59pm EST. To enter, use the Rafflecopter below. Good luck!