This is my daughter’s all time favorite meal. Like she requested it for her birthday dinner. For the last 2 years. Lucky for me it is super easy. As in start it at 5pm and its ready before Daddy gets home from work. And it doesn’t require any weird ingredients.
Encha-Mac (Enchilada Mac & Cheese)
1 10oz can of red enchilada sauce (I use mild Old El Paso)
1/2 lb ground beef
2 c elbow macaroni
1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Brown the ground beef.
3. Cook macaroni until al dente, strain.
4. Stir in enchilada sauce, let simmer 3-5 mins.
5. Pour cooked macaroni into casserole dish, pour beef mixture on top and stir a bit to combine.
6. Top with cheese, and partially stir it in to the mixture.
7. Bake at 350 til bubbly and delicious (like 20 mins).
Note: If you’re feeling particularly gourmet, you can cook diced onions, garlic and chopped green peppers in with the meat mixture. And you can add a dash of cumin, chili powder, and oregano to the sauce while its simmering. But it tastes pretty dang good on its own.