I’m trying to build up my stash of holiday decorations, so this year for Valentine’s Day, I wanted to make a couple of quick and easy projects. I’ve been wanting a cute heart garland for awhile, but hadn’t decided on how I wanted to do it. I knew it needed to be sturdier than paper (hello, little hands pulling on it nonstop!), but I knew that sewing would be a lot more work than I was ready to commit to.
So what could I use that was sturdier than paper, but wouldn’t fray like fabric, but still came in cute colors and prints… Duck Brand® Tape!
I found all these cute patterns that would be perfect for a Valentine’s Day craft: white, red, hot pink, silver, animal/kiss print and my favorite: the zebra-print hearts!
I decided to stick with red and the zebra print for my garland, but I think I’ll make a red/pink/white/silver one next!
How to make your own Duck Brand® Tape Heart Garland
- Measure and cut the length of string for where you want to hang the garland.
- For each heart, cut a 5 inch piece of tape.
- Then lay the string over the tape, about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom.
- And carefully fold the tape in half.
- Then cut a “v” in the bottom.
- And cut a lower case “m” on the top.
Repeat as many times as needed. I spaced my hearts about 3-4 inches apart.
I love how my heart garland turned out! I added a couple little Valentines Items to the table and it’s perfect.
I hadn’t played with Duck Brand® Tape much before this, but am already thinking about more uses for it. Duck Brand® is on Twitter with lots of fun ideas. My 6 year old is in love with the hot pink tape and wants to make a purse with it. I think we might start with a coin pouch and go from there! haha
- How to Make a Burlap Wreath – 3 Easy Styles! - May 30, 2022
- How to Revive Wilted Hydrangeas – Guaranteed! - July 28, 2021
- Easy Canvas Painting Ideas – 30+ DIYs for Beginners - June 16, 2021
Make Your Own Beautiful Living Succulent Wreath Centerpiece! Complete video course by Jeannine Romero now available through Skillshare.