This year for Christmas, I collected 24 Christmas books, wrapped them, and numbered them 1-24. One for every night leading up to Christmas. My kids took turns opening a book each night, and we’d snuggle on the couch and read it together, by glow of Christmas Tree. It was magical! You can read more about our Christmas Book Advent here.
We keep our Christmas books in a festive basket near the Christmas tree, and display a few on shelves. I love finding my kids curled up under the Christmas tree reading books by twinkle light. Magical!
I put together a list of some of the books we own and love (Olive the Other Reindeer! The Christmas Alphabet!), a few of my favorites from childhood (Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear!) and quite a few that are on my wish list.
The affiliate links below will take you to Amazon, which is one of my favorite places to buy books. Another great place to find inexpensive Christmas books is through school book orders. Usually they have quite a few books between $1 and $4.
Christmas Books for Kids
1. Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher
2. Merry Christmas Stinky Face
3. Polar Express
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
5. Christmas in the Manger
6. Olive the Other Reindeer
8. Gingerbread Mouse
9. Llama Llama Holiday Drama
10. The Little Drummer Boy
11. Christmas Time is Here
12. Christmas Alphabet
13. The Night Before Christmas
14. Dream Snow
15. Fancy Nancy – Splendiferous Christmas
16. Gingerbread Baby
17. Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear
18. Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear
19. Mr Willowby’s Christmas Tree
20. C is for Christmas
21. I Spy: Christmas
22. The Small One
23. Room for a Little One
24. Bear Stays Up For Christmas
25. The Pine Tree Parable
26. Mortimer’s Christmas Manger
27. Madeleine’s Christmas
28. Santa Mouse
29. Christmas Trolls
30. Small Camel Follows the Star
31. The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey
Do you have a family favorite Christmas book that I didn’t mention? Share it with us in the comments!