A festive poinsettia hair clip is the perfect holiday accessory.
Many moons ago, I made and sold baby hair clips (Simply Lulu, anyone remember?). I looooved collecting pretty supplies and making cute clips. One of my favorites were these Christmas clips made from faux poinsettia and gems. I searched high and low for the right size and texture, and came up with the idea for the gem clusters in the center. They look so gorgeous with my girls Christmas dresses!
Want to make some too? OK!
Most of my supplies come from Dollar Tree. You can find some of the supplies online at DollarTree.com, but the seasonal items will only be available in-stores after Nov 6.
You can use whatever clips you’d like to make these poinsettia clips. I typically use alligator style clips from a beauty supply store, but you could use bar french barrette styles, or even glue them to a headband!
If you do choose to make a headband, you could include some of the greenery as well, it would be stunning, I think I need to try make a headband too.
Poinsettia Hair Clip Instructions
Faux poinsettia – sold in bunches in the seasonal floral section. They come in a few sizes and textures, and at least 5 different colors. We love the red, maroon, white, silver and gold!
gems, pearls or beads
hair clips or barrettes
hot glue gun
- First, remove flower head from bouquet, remove plastic pieces and discard.
- Next, glue two layers of flowers together, keeping glue in the center of the flower.
- Then glue beads to the center of the poinsettia, to mimic the stamens. Make sure to cover the hole in the middle!
- Finally, glue flower to clip or headband.
- How to Make a Burlap Wreath – 3 Easy Styles! - May 30, 2022
- How to Revive Wilted Hydrangeas – Guaranteed! - July 28, 2021
- Easy Canvas Painting Ideas – 30+ DIYs for Beginners - June 16, 2021
Make Your Own Beautiful Living Succulent Wreath Centerpiece! Complete video course by Jeannine Romero now available through Skillshare.