This simple, mild chili is perfect for the whole family. No need to simmer all day, this easy chili is ready in minutes!
This recipe is a great easy chili. No nurturing a simmering pot all day, adding spices and testing for flavor. Just brown up the beef, and add the other ingredients and simmer. Eeeeeeeeeeasy. Its makes a very mild chili (super kid-friendly), but if you want to add some cayenne powder to give it a bit of a kick, that’s ok too!
It is delightful on its own, with cornbread (or under cornbread, like my Cowboy Casserole!), over a baked potato, on top of Fritos, or on a hot dog… the possibilities are endless. Just don’t forget the cheese!
It also freezes great. I put smaller portions into zip bags and freeze them for lunches or easy dinner.
This meal comes together quickly, even faster if you use frozen onions, like I recommend in my post about how to make dinner quicker.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1 (16 oz) can chili beans
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- In large pot or skillet, brown ground beef. Add onions and cook til tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes