Until I was old enough to watch Food Network, I had no idea that most people painstakingly food-process and roll out their pie crusts. I thought everyone just mixed them in the pie pan like my mom!
This no-roll pie crust recipe is perfect for a quick pie crust, we often use it for quiches. And of course, we have used it every single year for 30+ years for my dad’s lemon meringue pie on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Mmmm…
So pin this or print it out, I promise this easy pie crust recipe will come in handy!
Press-In-Pan Pie Crust
The How To Mom
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c oil
2 Tbsp milk
1. Lightly mix dry ingredients in pie pan.
2. Add oil and milk, lightly mix with fork until flour is damp.
3. Press in pan as desired.
4. Prick bottom of crust with fork 8-10 times.
5. Bake at 425 for 12 minutes til light brown for baked shell OR fill with pie filling and bake at 400 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and bake til done.
- How to Make a Burlap Wreath – 3 Easy Styles! - May 30, 2022
- How to Revive Wilted Hydrangeas – Guaranteed! - July 28, 2021
- Easy Canvas Painting Ideas – 30+ DIYs for Beginners - June 16, 2021
Make Your Own Beautiful Living Succulent Wreath Centerpiece! Complete video course by Jeannine Romero now available through Skillshare.
Tuesday 15th of September 2015
This looks awesome! Except does it end up flaky without the solid fat in there?
Also... for some reason it is not letting me pin from your site! It says it is not allowed and to contact the administrator. :(
Wednesday 26th of November 2014
Hey, so I know this is an older post but I was wondering, could I use shortening instead of oil?
Friday 20th of December 2013
Pie crust and I have a love-hate relationship...I'd love to make a good one, but it hates to let me! I'm DEFINITELY going to have to try this one!!
Sunday 22nd of December 2013
I hear ya! I usually buy the pre-made ones, but this works great in a pinch! Thanks for commenting :)
Monday 25th of November 2013
I am not a homemade pie-cruster, so I will have to give this quicker way a shot.
Thursday 28th of November 2013
Let me know how it goes! :)